Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Foundations 2

So, what foundation are you building your life upon? Most reading this would overwhelmingly say, "I am building my life on the solid foundation of Jesus Christ!" I mean really, I go to church every Sunday, well OK not every Sunday, but the ones when I can, when a good football game is not on and when family doesn't come for a visit, or the kids don't have a sniffle or a cough, I make it to church every Sunday that I can...I build my life on the foundation of Christ by studying the Bible. Well, I read the Word when I am in trouble and need God to get me out of a tight situation, or when I need something 'nice' to think on. I build my life on the solid foundation of Christ by praying. Well, OK my prayer life is kind of like my Bible study, just when I find myself in trouble or something goes my way I offer up a quick, "Thank You, Lord...yea for me..." prayer.
My kids know that we have a Christ-like home, well, we don't make it to church that often, but we talk about it alot, and they know the grandma and grandpa were good people that went to church.
NOW, some of you know that I am being sarcastic, others of you might be offended by my sarcasm, and to the latter, sorry, but there is some truth to what has been said.
Jesus said in Matthew 7:24-27 Those people who are listening to Me, those people who hear what I say and live according to My teachings--you are like a wise man who built his house on a rock, on a firm foundation. When storms hit, rain poured down and waters rose, levies broke and winds beat all the walls of that house. But the house did not fall because it was built upon rock. Those of you who are listening and do not hear, those who are listening and ignore My teachings and those who take the wider, eaiser path, keep company with false prophets; you are like a fool who builds on sand. When a storm comes to his house, what will happen? The rain will fall, water will rise, the wind blow, and his house will collapse with a great crash. Because it is built on nothing, on ephemera, on shifty, shifting sands." (The Voice)
Till tomorrow...Bro. Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment