Friday, February 6, 2009

I AM

When Moses asked God what to tell the Israelites who shall I say has sent me, God's answer to Moses was to tell them that I AM has sent me.
the name I AM is quite a mystery. The name that God revealed to Moses means something like "He who is,' or "I am the One who is." The great Dutch theologian Herman Bavinck wrote that, "God is that which He calls Himself, and He calls Himself that which He is." Who is God? God is who He is and that's all there is to it.
God is self-sufficient He does not have any unmet needs or unsatisfied desires. He does not need any help. He is not co-dependent. He does not live or move or have His being in anyone except Himself.
Knowing the name of God as he met at the burning bush was a great help to Moses. Knowing God's name is also a great help to us. For you see, the God of Moses has given us a name to call Him. It is the only name by which we must be saved: Jesus Christ. In John 8:58, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I AM!"
Jesus Christ is the God who saves, and anyone who does not believe in Him has no hope of salvation. Jesus' death on the cross for sinners proved that He is the true God of our salvation. Becoming a believer is a person that believes that Jesus Christ is the Great I AM. And once we place our faith in Christ alone, then we may come to Him with our questions as Moses did. He will not turn us away. But what He wants us to do is to put our faith in Him, going where He sends us and trusting in the promise of His everlasting presence.
Do you know the name of Jesus? Is your faith in Him alone? Is He the Great I AM in your life today?
Let's talk about it Sunday...Bro. Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment