Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I WILL #1

Moses returned to the LORD and said, "O Lord, why are you treating this people so badly? And why did you ever send me? From the moment I cane to Pharaoh to speak in Your name, things have only gotten worse for this people. And rescue? Does this look like rescue to You?"
The LORD responded to Moses, reassuring him, "I AM GOD. I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob...I established my covenant with them...I've heard the groanings of the Israelites...I've remembered my covenant. Therefore tell them, "I AM GOD, I will bring you out from under the cruel hard labor of Egypt. I will rescue you from slavery..."
Moses took his problems to the LORD and that's a good thing because He is truly the only One that can do anything about our problems. He just doesn't sit there, He is active in helping us. Look what He promises for the Israelites...He promises liberation: "I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them." This is what salvation is all about. Being freed from slavery or delivered from captivity. The Hebrew children needed to be freed from slavery, we need to be freed from the slavery of sin and that's exactly what God promised to do and did through Christ. Christ is our liberator, the One who has freed us from the bondage of sin.
This is the promise of God, that Jesus came so that we might be free. Are you free today? Free from the bondage and guilt of sin? You can be...Trust in the God of the I WILL...

No comments:

Post a Comment