Thursday, March 5, 2009

I WIll #3

"And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the LORD." (Exodus 6:8)
God keeps His promises.
We have been looking this week at the seven I Will's of salvation and we are seeing that this is the proving ground that God is God and He demonstrates that by saving His people, by liberating them, by redeeming them, by adopting the and giving them a land to be their very own.
We see this paralleled in Christ. Remember, God has a plan and He was giving everyone a preview of His plan through the children of Israel, you see, Exodus is not simply the history of Hebrew children; it is also the story of our salvation. Philip Ryken says, "As we listen to Exodus we hear the first strains of a melody that becomes a symphony in the Gospels."
You see, Jesus repeats, essentially what God is saying to Moses in the Exodus. Jesus tells us that HE WILL save us from our bondage, that HE WILL deliver us from the yoke of our sin, that HE WILL redeem us because He has purchased us with His blood, that HE WILL make us His very own through an intimate, real relationship with God the Father, and that HE WILL give us a glorious inheritance. Jesus is our liberator, our redeemer, our deliverer...
2 Corinthians 6:16 says, "...For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.'"
Is He your God today? He can be....

No comments:

Post a Comment